The date of the construction of the castle district of Osmaniye Toprakkale history is unknown. The castle was built to protect against the attacks that could come from the southern Çukurova. And also it is located on 75 meters height of agglomeration hill where caravan routes combined.
It is known that the castle was built by the Seleucid in BC 312 and had repaired to use by Romans, Abbasi, Seljuk, Ramazanoğulları and Ottoman.This castle was given name as “Carania” by Hittites and Assyrians, as “Susanis” by Persians, as “Amanicae-Caranadiopolis” by Romans, “Al-Kenisa-Tüs by Abbasid, as “Tel Hamdün” by Hamdani, “Kınık castle” by Otoman. Castle was made of ruble stone and cut stone and the surronding rocks were used as walls.
Castle has eight towers and a gate which is opened to the west direction. The castle was used as barrack for a while after 1517 in the Otoman period. The stores, the military ward, stable and cistern ruins which are available in the castle are able to come today. The castle was repaired in 1960 and around of it has been brought into the park.